- Every fisherman always needs a set of fishing scales in his tackle box.
- Check out the best fishing scales on the market in our roundup!
- Find out which one is the best choice for you before you buy.
Are you thinking about going fishing this weekend? Do you have a set of quality scales to weigh your catch, or do they need replacing?
Whether you go fishing as a casual hobby or as an extremely serious angler, it always gives a sense of victory by recording your catches. It would help to have a reliable and accurate fishing scale to record the best of your catches.
Fishing scales come with different features, features, and prices. In this article, I will summarize all the essential criteria you need to consider for both the expert and beginner angler.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
What Are The Best Fishing Weighing Scales?
As avid fishermen, we know the importance of high-quality, durable, and accurate fishing scales. If you want the best premium fishing scale without considering a hefty price tag, check out the Dr. Meter Digital Fishing Scale.
If you want an economical yet efficient option, go for Mango Spot Fishing Scale.
For a fishing scale with an incorporated length feature, we chose the KastKing Digital Fishing Scale with a ruler as our most versatile choice.
We have rounded up seven excellent options for you below: that cover every budget. Moreover, we’ve listed their pros and cons so that you can make a better, well-informed choice.
- Dr. Meter Digital Hanging Hook Scale – My Best Overall Pick!
- Oonaise Mango Spot LCD Electronic Balance Digital Scale – My Best Budget Pick!
- Berkley BTDFS50-1 Digital Fish Scale – My Best Water-resistant Pick!
- Rapala Touch Screen Tourney Scale – My Best Quality Pick!
- KastKing Digital Fishing Scale with Ruler – My Most Versatile Pick!
- Piscifun Fish Lip Gripper Digital Scale
- ReelSonar Digital Fish Scale
Dr.Meter ES-PS01 Electronic Balance Fishing Scale With Measuring Tape – My Best Overall Pick!
- Dimension: 5.8” x 3.6” x 1.6”
- Material of Scale: Plastic Body with stainless steel hook
- Weight capacity: 110 pounds
- Length Capacity: 3ft.
- Scale Type: Digital and Electronic, along with a wide LED display.
- Conversion options: lb. to oz. or kg.
- Auto shut-off function
- A well-known manufacturer of multiple measuring equipment
For anglers, which are not so concerned with price, then the Dr. Meter Fishing Scale is the best choice. It is not designed for specific weights but is suitable for small and large fish. You will not have to carry different scales for large and small catches.
The scale is famous for its accuracy. It has a feature that allows you to convert lb. to oz. or kg. Dr. Meter’s scale has a measuring tape function if you want to know other dimensions like length and width.
With this product, you can measure length, width, and weight with a single device. The measuring tape can measure in both centimeters and feet. It has a limit of 3 feet, which is far more than required for most of us! The scale comes with a good-quality stainless steel hook to assist you with measuring. It has a handy data lock feature and an auto-off button as well.
It works with 2 AAA batteries, provided in the box already, so you do not have to spend additional money upfront. Even though it is lightweight, the manufacturers have provided a carrying strap to make it more portable.
- Comes with batteries included.
- Length and width measuring feature.
- Auto-off and data lock.
- Unit conversion.
- Not the cheapest in my scale options
Oonaise Mango Spot LCD Electronic Balance Digital Fishing Hook Hanging Scale – My Best Budget Pick!
- Dimensions: 5.8” x 1.6” x 3.6”
- Material: Plastic body and stainless steel holder.
- Weight Capacity: 110 lbs. or 50 kg.
- Type: Electronic.
- Display: LCD digital screen
Are you looking for a budget-friendly fish weighing scale? If yes, Mango Spot LCD Digital Fishing Scale is your best choice. You get all the fantastic features that a fish scale can offer, and that too at an affordable rate. The device measures up to 110 lbs. or 50kg.
The scale has divisions of 0.01lb and 10gm. It offers oz. and kilograms if you want to use it for other measurement units. These smaller divisions help you weigh your catch more precisely. The scale works with 2AAA batteries, which are included in the box.
The scale has an indicator to indicate overload weight. It provides a data lock function that saves all of your data. Moreover, if you often forget to turn your scale off, it has an auto-off feature that ensures your batteries don’t drain.
- Switches between multiple metric and imperial measurements.
- Data lock feature.
- Indicates overload situations.
- Comes with batteries.
- A firmer grip on the outside is needed to prevent it from slipping from wet hands.
- Less accurate than some of my other choices.
Berkley BTDFS50-1 Digital Fish Scale – My Best Water-Resistant Pick!
- Product Dimension: 0.87″ x 1.38″ x 5.12″
- Material: Plastic body and Stainless Steel hook.
- Weight Capacity: 50 pounds.
- Design: Ergonomic
- Scale Type: Digital Back-lit display
Water resistance is one of the most important things an experienced fisherman would look for on a scale. The Berkley BTDFS50-1 digital fish scale is water-resistant and has an ergonomic body design.
Its user-friendly design makes it a top-rated product. It has an amazing storing function and remembers your last ten measurements. This means you can keep track of previous catches easily. The scale displays weight in lbs. oz. and kg. units. Another helpful feature is that you can store the weight of multiple fish using the tare option.
Berkley has designed a good-scale product with a reasonable price range; you also get a good spare parts and service support with Berkely.
- Tracks record of previous ten weights.
- Waterproof and durable
- Ergonomic design
- Offers multiple units for measurements
- A carabiner is included for attaching to your vest or trousers
- Reading takes time to display
Rapala Touch Screen Tourney Scale – My Best Quality Pick!
- Product Dimension: 1″ x 2″ x 4″
- Material: Plastic body and stainless steel hook.
- Weight capacity: 15 lbs.
- Accuracy – 15lb +/- 1oz
- Shows Ambient Air Temperature
- Tare Weight – weight fish in a container without including the weight of the container in the reading
- Storage Bag – convenient soft bag features sewn-in operation instructions for quick reference
In this era of technology, who wants to have a manual scale? That is why the Rapala Touch Screen Scale brings you the technology of a touch screen in a weighing scale. So now you can call yourself a scale geek by owning it!
The product has a sizeable digital touch screen, making it easy to read the values. Rapala also provides the option of using a quality stainless steel hook or a composite clamp for holding the fish. The scale has backup memory and can store your previous weights. What’s more, the product is water-resistant as well.
Along with all these features, it’s lightweight and comes with a portable carry pouch. With this scale, you can easily weigh and store up to eight small catches up to 15 lbs, but with all the extra features, it is also perfect for weighing fish in a tournament.
The battery will last up to 400 hours on two AA batteries (which are not included) and has a built-in memory for storing the data if the battery power is lost.
Lastly, the Rapala has an excellent handle grip, which fits perfectly on your hand and never slips.
Rapala also has an alternative digital scale of 50 lbs, which is just as accurate but has a smaller LCD screen and a more traditional hook-type scale for compact storage.
- Large touch screen.
- Stainless steel.
- Good backup storage.
- Only that no batteries are included!
KastKing Digital Fishing Scale With Ruler – My Most Versatile Pick!
- Product Dimension: 5.6” x 3.8” x 1.25”
- Material: Plastic body and stainless steel
- Weight Capacity: 110 lbs or 50 kg.
- Power Source: 2 AAA battery
- Display: Digital display with a back-lit screen
A water-resistant fish scale is essential for durability, so this feature should not be ignored. KastKing’s digital fishing scale ensures water resistance and guarantees its long-lasting capability.
It has a good weighing range of up to 110 lbs and allows you to measure the length of the fish up to 38″ long. For this purpose, there is a retractable ruler to measure dimensions.
With the dual function, there is no compromise on its accuracy. You can also record weight in ounces with it. It’s fine if you are not good with remembering your fish weights because KastKing is. It will store up to nine measurements for you.
In addition to the back-lit screen for use at night and other features such as durability, lightweight, and portability, the Kastking is my most versatile pick.
- Good weight range
- Stores previous measurement
- It comes with a length feature.
- Offers a variety of weighing units
- The battery drains quickly.
Piscifun Fish Lip Gripper Digital Scale
- Product Length: 12.67in/32.2cm
- Material: Plastic body with a stainless steel hook
- Weight Capacity: 60 Pounds
- Power Source: 2 AAA battery
- Scale Type: LED digital display
As far as durability is concerned, then the Piscifun Fish Lip Gripper Scale with water-resistant digital scale is record-breaking here. It has sea and saltwater resistance, with a rust-free stainless steel hook. The body is completely sealed, which prevents water from entering it.
The scale will work even when fishing in severe wet weather conditions. To make it work perfectly at night, it has an LED light which gives you a clear display. Depending upon your requirement, you can select any weighing unit, such as kilograms, pounds, or ounces.
It can store ten readings of up to 60 lbs. or 37 kg and is powered by 2 AAA batteries included with the unit. Piscifun scales all come with a one-year warranty as standard.
- 1-year warranty.
- Seawater resistance.
- Sealed body.
- LED digital screen
- Works for smaller weights.
- The grip could be more stable.
- Larger fish may not fit on the hook.
ReelSonar Digital Fish Scale
- Dimensions: 0.87″ x 1.38″ x 5.12″
- Material: Plastic body and stainless steel holder.
- Weight Capacity: 99 lbs. or 45 kg.
- Display: LCD screen
ReelSonar digital fish scale is famous for its accuracy. If you are looking for an efficient fish scale with a wide digital screen, then the ReelSonar digital fish scale tape is an excellent option. Along with its clear digital display, it offers you inbuilt measuring tape.
As far as weight is concerned, it can record up to 99 lbs and 45kg. The scale comes with a rustproof stainless steel hook, which makes it easy to hold fish. If you prefer not to use the fish lip grabber, it can be easily removed. The auto shut-off feature helps you save the battery.
The battery lasts for up to 500 hours on one single charge. The scale has a good grip with an anti-slippery finish.
- Excellent battery life
- Wide digital screen
- It comes with a fish lip gripper
- Auto shut-off feature
- Built-in tape measure
- A slight delay in the reaction of the digital display
Our Final Verdict
As we can see, we are spoilt for choice with fishing scale choices. With the advancement in technology, several feature-filled scales are now available on the market.
My personal choice, the Dr.meter Backlit LCD Display PS01 Fishing Scale, will meet all your requirements.
For the budget-conscious angler, I recommend the Mango Spot LCD Digital Fishing Hook Hanging Scale.
Happy Fishing, Folks!
Best Fishing Scales For All Budgets – FAQs
Does A Fishing Scale Measure Length?
Yes, you can buy specific scales with a tape measure system. Most companies provide at least one model with a measuring tape with their fishing scale. I strongly recommend the KastKing Digital Fishing Scale with Ruler if you need this option.
Are Fishing Scales Accurate?
Usually, most scales are reasonably accurate, but if you doubt your scale’s accuracy, try measuring a known weight with it. If you find an error, you can add or subtract it from the overall weight.
How Many Different Types Of Fishing Scales Are There?
There are three main types of fishing scales.
- Digital fish scale.
- Electrical fish scale.
- Mechanical Spring fish scale.
- How To Know The Age Of A Fish? Using The Science Of Calcified Structures - February 8, 2023
- How Do Seasons Affect Freshwater Fishing In Lakes And Rivers - February 7, 2023
- Tides And Seasons – How Do They Affect Saltwater Fishing? - February 3, 2023